Moving on Mondays
Before you purchase a new home, you have an inspector look at it for any major problems. The results may be a deal breaker if the issues are serious enough. If you have your home for sale, put yourself in the buyer's shoes. What would they find on a home inspection of your property?
Avoid any surprises by having your own home inspection. These last weeks, we looked at storage spaces This week, we'll look at fire-hazard areas--the fireplace and laundry room.
• Have the fireplace and chimney been cleaned recently?
• Is the masonry missing cement or mortar?
• Is the flue clear?
• Does the damper operate properly?
The Laundry Room
• Are appliances properly ventilated?
• Are vents clear of lint and debris?
• Is the wiring correct for the appliances?
• Are there signs of leaks from appliances?