So far, we've been talking about organizing tips specific to aspects of writing, from tracking submissions to networking. But writers are people too. They have the same challenges in their day-to-day lives as we all do. So here are some general organizing tips for writers.
• Use MS Outlook or other similar contact software management for collecting emails and contacts.
• Keep receipts of all expenses for tax purposes.
• Keep business money separate from household money.
• Always write a name with any phone number you jot down so you remember to whom the number belongs.
• Keep a notebook in your purse or briefcase to record appointments, etc., if you don't carry your planner with you.