So far, we've been talking about organizing tips specific to aspects of writing, from tracking submissions to networking. But writers are people too. They have the same challenges in their day-to-day lives as we all do. So here are some general organizing tips for writers.
• Keep a supply of note cards and stamps on hand for writing thank-you notes.
• Pre-print or order return-address labels to save time, and ensure accuracy.
• Break larger tasks into smaller, more manageable units.
• Not every storage or filing system works for everyone. Choose one that suits your needs.
• You don't need perfection when organizing. Just make sure everything has a home, where you can find it when you need it.