Moving on Mondays
Before you purchase a new home, you have an inspector look at it for any major problems. The results may be a deal breaker if the issues are serious enough. If you have your home for sale, put yourself in the buyer's shoes. What would they find on a home inspection of your property?
Avoid any surprises by having your own home inspection. These last weeks, we looked at storage spaces and possible fire hazards. This week, we'll look at potential water disaster areas--your bathrooms.
• Do toilets flush properly?
• Do toilets show signs of leaking?
• Is the sink area/under dry?
• Is the sink top attached firmly to the vanity?
• Do the tiles in the tub/shower area need repair?
• Are the walls damaged from moisture or water?
• Is the whirlpool tub working properly?
• Do the pipes show signs of leakage?
• Does the ventilation fan work?
• Is the room equipped with a GFCI outlet?