Once you have a completed project, you can start submitting your work to agents and editors. There are many things to keep in mind when submitting your book or novella. Having a handle on all this will improve your chances of having your full manuscript accepted.
4. Keep a record of all submissions in a database, spread sheet or a hard copy. List the title of the submission, the house submitted to, the agent/editor's name, date mailed or e-mailed and the date you expect to hear back from them.
5. Follow up with editors and agents if the deadline for response passes.
6. Keep a copy of each version you send out under the agent's or editor's name.
7. Review any feedback for valuable advice.
8. Reply in a timely manner if additional material is requested.
9. Send a thank-you note to the editor/agent.