Tea has been around for centuries. We know the benefits of drinking it. Green tea has healthy attributes because of its antioxidants. Herbal teas can calm you. Peppermint tea soothes an upset stomach.
But did you know that tea and tea bags have other uses around the house? Here are some ways to use it outside a teacup.
• Soaking your hands or feet in tea water takes away odors such as onion or sweat.
• Water your plants with weak tea once a week to perk them up.
• Cold teabags make great compresses for sunburn.
• Put cold, weak tea in a mister and spray it in musty rooms. Use fragrant teas for best results.
• Cut apart an unused teabag to use for mending a broken fingernail. Just trim to size, stick to the break with clear nail polish, and finish off with two more coats of clear polish.
• Soak white clothes, silk flowers or netting in weak tea for an antiqued look to your wedding attire.
• Soak black or brown clothes in tea water to revive the color.
• And if you don't use them for any of these, place them in your composter for your garden.
What handy uses do you have for teabags?