Here are some penny-pinching tips for saving while cleaning your home.
• Use the rule of half. Use half the detergent, half the dryer sheet, half the sponge, etc. You will find that most cleaning can be done with half the product, saving you 50% on cleaning costs.
• Denture cleaner and water makes a great paste for cleaning stainless steel.
• Instead of using harsh chemicals to clean your microwave, boil water for 30-60 seconds. The food particles will easily wipe off.
• Buy generic when possible. These brands often clean just as well, for much less money.
• Buy in bulk when on sale. This will save you money in the long run.
• A crumbled up mesh onion bag works just as well as a scouring pad--and rinses clean more easily.
• Freeze vinegar/water cubes and toss one in your garbage disposal for inexpensive, effective cleaning.
• Use rags instead of paper towels.