If you're like most writers, this isn't your full-time job. You may work outside the home. You might have children to care for. You might have a sick family member that takes up much of yor time.
Whatever it is, not many writers have the luxury of writing ten hours a day to crank out that manuscript. Here are some tips to help you manage your time better, and find more time to write:
6. Purchase a planner or use an electronic calendar. Schedule time for every task you need to complete, keeping aware of deadlines.
7. Create a specific place on your desk for your planner so you can find it when you need it.
8. Have only one calendar for both business and personal appointments so you don't double book yourself.
9. Color code business and personal entries to see the differences at a glance.
10. When entering an appointment in your planner, include the contact name, phone number and directions.