Tips for Tuesday
While we buy specific products for specific purposes, like a colander to strain pasta, we never think about other uses for that item. Who goes into the kitchen section to purchase a colander with the intent of using it to drip-dry your delicates after hand-washing. Yet there are many items that can be used for something other than their intended purpose.
· Use old fabric softener sheets to quickly dust your dresser or wipe the front of a tube TV.
· Use baby wipes for a quick clean-up of light switch plates or telephones.
· Clean empty cans to hold small items in your garage or basement. Be careful of sharp edges around children.
· Place coffee filters between fine china when storing.
· Use ice cube trays as drawer organizers.
· Use shower caps to protect your shoes when traveling.
· Use toothpaste to clean chrome fixtures.
· Use wine glasses as candle holders (tealights only).
· Use plastic bowls as organizers in your kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
· Use paperclips for electronic reset buttons
This can help you save money and space in your home, by multi-tasking what you buy.