Tips for Tuesday
Do you have a lot of spare buttons around the house? Maybe they are from your grandmother's sewing basket. Perhaps they are from your mother's dresses and coats. Or maybe they are strays from your own clothing.
Whether they are from a blouse or a pair of slacks, what can you do with them? If they are in good condition, it's silly to throw them away. So what do you do? Here are some ideas.
· Give them to a seamstress who might need just one or two of a kind for a project.
· Give them to a crafter—single or multiples, they can be used in a variety of projects.
· Use them to hold pairs of post earrings.
· Put a magnet on the back and use them on your refrigerator to hold notes.
· Put a thumbtack on the back and use them on your bulletin board.
· Dump a colorful collection into a glass mason jar and use as a decoration.
· String them into a bracelet or necklace.
· Glue them to frames for a personalized look.
· Sell vintage collections on eBay.
What have you done with spare buttons?