Moving on Monday
Moving from one town to another can be difficult. But moving cross-country is even more difficult. Neighborhoods are unfamiliar, climates are different, restaurants and stores are all new. So what can you do to make the move easier on everyone?
· Research your new neighborhood. What are the schools like? Would your place of worship be nearby? What stores are in the area? What is the demographic—young, old, children?
· What is the cost of living in your new neighborhood? Can you afford gas, utilities, food and clothing in addition to housing?
· Hire a relocation expert to assist in the process. They can help you find your way around your new neighborhood. The cost will be worth it in the end.
· Find the right movers. Make sure they are insured. Negotiate their terms if you can. Also, check your homeowner's insurance to see what they cover that the movers may not.
· Negotiate with your employer to purchase your home if it doesn't sell before you have to move.
Here's to a smooth move!