Moving on Monday
Last week, we talked about the importance of planning ahead for your move for the least amount of stress. Sometimes moves come on suddenly, and the planning needs to be done in a short amount of time. But when you know about your move months in advance, start planning as early as possible.
We covered what you can do three to six months before your move date. This week, we'll look at what you can do six weeks before your move.
• Take inventory of possessions--what goes with?
• Mark items that are staying in current home
• Create a floor plan for old and new homes
• Color-code rooms to coordinate with stickers
• Place coordinating stickers on boxes and furniture for each room
• Get estimates from moving companies/hire a mover
• Book a moving van if moving yourself
• Arrange for storage facility if necessary