Moving on Monday
Last week, we talked about the importance of planning ahead for your move for the least amount of stress. Sometimes moves come on suddenly, and the planning needs to be done in a short amount of time. But when you know about your move months in advance, start planning as early as possible.
We covered what you can do up to six months before your move date. But now the move is getting closer. This week, we'll look at what you can do just one month before your move.
• Take inventory of your possessions. What goes with? What gets sold or donated?
• Mark the items that are staying in your current home
• Create a floor plan for your old and new homes
• Color-code the rooms to coordinate with stickers
• Place coordinating stickers on boxes and furniture for each room
• Get estimates from moving companies/hire a mover (may need to do this earlier if you need a weekend date in the summer)
• Book a moving van if moving yourself (may need to do this earlier if you need a weekend date in the summer)
• Arrange for a temporary storage facility if necessary