Moving on Mondays
Most people know they are moving at least six months before the move. Sometimes corporate moves will come about suddenly. Even then, businesses will often transfer the working spouse and let the rest of the family move at a later date for school or other reasons.
Some homeowners know as many as two years before the move if they are planning on retirement or may be downsizing or upsizing. It is beneficial to know about your move ahead of time. You can plan appropriately and be ready for the big day. Planning will make your move less stressful.
It is recommended to start at least six months ahead of the move date to give yourself plenty of time to get done what needs to be done. Here is what you can do six months before the date to start on your way.
• Make necessary repairs on current home
• Contact realtor to put home on market
• Contact Organizer/Home Stager
• Start a file for moving-related expenses
• Create calendar sheets for upcoming months
• Start decluttering/purging your seasonal items as you use them