Tips for Tuesday
For those with small kitchens, or moderately sized kitchens, storage can be an issue. There are limited places to put pots and pans, dishes, food, etc. For large families, the challenge is greater. In this case, it is important to make the most of the space you have.
Here are some things you can do to maximize the space in your kitchen:
• Install cabinets that extend to the ceiling
• Use wall space whenever possible for items like utensils, paper towels, spice racks, etc.
• Install battens in a drawer to hold a cutting board/work surface, but still house items beneath
• Hang pots and pans from the ceiling if you have an island or peninsula
• Hang storage racks inside cabinet doors to hold garbage/compost bin, paper goods, towels
• Install hooks under your cabinets for mugs/cups
• Use small wire shelves inside cabinets to store smaller items above larger ones (salad plates over dinner plates, for example)
• Store flat items vertically with separators rather than stacking them
• Place a shelf over your sink faucet
• Install shallow drawers in the kick plate under your cabinets
• Convert the front panel of your sink with a tip-out drawer