Tips for Tuesday
Wouldn't we all like a little more time? If you were to take all your day-to-day tasks, add in the hours you spend at work, and all the family events you're obligated to attend, you are left with precious little time to yourself. Here are some tips to help you streamline your life, get things done more quickly, and have more time for yourself and your family.
• Keep new garbage bags at the bottom of the can for quick replacement at take-out time
• Keep a vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies on each level of the house so you don’t have to drag everything up and down stairs
• Keep vinegar in a spray bottle for quick clean-up of windows, drains, etc.
• Bring a basket or box along while cleaning to collect items for other rooms—put stray items away when you get to that room
• Line roasting pans with foil for easy clean-up
• Cook in bulk and freeze extra servings for busy evenings
• Use clear containers whenever possible for easy viewing of contents
• Label any non-transparent boxes in storage so you know their contents without having to open them
• Purchase a programmable thermostat to save time switching settings back and forth
• Tape your repairman’s phone number to furnace, water heater, etc., so you don’t have to search for it in an emergency
• Program frequently-used phone numbers into your home and cellular phones
• Keep a supply of greeting cards on hand for unexpected events such as illnesses