Moving on Monday
Now that the weather is warming up, more home buyers are getting out to look at houses. There is a large inventory of homes on the market, some from last year, and new ones from this year. How will yours stand out from the rest? What will make buyers choose yours? Does it look its best now that winter's snowy cover is gone? What was hidden from view?
Now is the time to take a good look at your home and spruce it up for the spring.
• Clean out gardens from leaves and branches.
• Cut back dead foliage and broken branches from plants.
• Lay new mulch to retard weed growth.
• Clean out gutters.
• Look for damage to your roof.
• Have your asphalt driveway sealcoated.
• Open windows and let in fresh air.
• Have carpets cleaned and floors washed.
• Clean winter's grime out from your garage floor.
• Mow the lawn often during the growth spurts of spring.
• Fertilize and lawn and apply weedkiller.
• Wash your windows and clean the draperies.
• Dust the cobwebs from the corners.
Remember, your home has lots of competition. Make sure it sparkles!